Background

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ava's Birth Story



Ava was born on June 29th at 11:38 a.m. She weighed 6 lb. and 2 oz. and was 17 1/2 inches long. She made quite the arrival. I guess after a very easy pregnancy I couldn't breeze through labor too. We went into the hospital at 5 am and I was induced around 7. Everything went very quickly and I was dilated to a 4 by 9 am when I got the much needed epidural. The next time they checked me at 10:30 I was an 8 and she has turned bootie down. My doctor came over immediately and said she was too low in the birth canal to do a c-section so we would go to the delivery room for me to have her breach. Randy and I were very scared to say the least.
My mom and Colleen were asked to leave the room when my doctor told us the news so they didn't even know what was occurring. It all happened very fast and we had to hurry because she was coming out. They rushed me to the or while Randy got dressed in his scrubs.
Within minutes of arriving in the or I was pushing and Randy wasn't in there yet. A nurse hurried out and came running back with Randy just in time to see the birth. We both saw Ava's bootie coming out which Randy says looked like a chicken. A couple pushes later she made her debut. She wasn't crying which freaked me out again, but they said she was fine and in shock from being breach.
After about 20 minutes they wheeled us back to our ld room where my mom and Colleen came in and got the news of what had happened and got to meet Ava. My dad arrived shortly after from Austin. My sister in law, niece and nephews also were there as soon as we got back in the room. Ava got cleaned up by the nurses and started to adapt to the world and everyone loving on her.
It was all such a whirlwind and our days in the hospital flew by. We had a ton of visitors and are grateful for all the love and support we received. We came home on Friday and the fun began.

No comments:

Post a Comment